Saturday, May 1, 2010

Obama--What a Pal!

BALLPOINT
By Allen Ball
http://www.beaufortobserver.net

April 05, 2010

My mother has cancer. She'll be 83 on May 14th this year. The prognosis was "six months to live"---ten months ago. As soon as Obama's health care plan was passed the Obama government cancelled my Mother's Medicaid. Did you get that?

As soon as Obama's health care plan was passed the Obama government cancelled my Mother's Medicaid.

Coincidence? My Mother had Medicaid for 21 years!

She still had it for two years, while receiving VA assistance, under the heading of Widow's Death Benefit.

My Mother loves America. Four of her brothers served in the military, during World War II, as did my Dad., Her sons---my brother and I---served in the army, during the Vietnam war years.

My mother always had faith in America. She loves this country. She was sweating in a shirt factory in 1944, at age 17---paying taxes on her income---17 years before Obama was born, in 1961. A pastor once told my Mother that she was the most faithful tithe-er he'd ever seen. On a fixed, low income, my Mom and Dad sent two hundred dollars to victims of Hurricane Andrew, in 1992.

Mom now weighs 95 pounds and looks like a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp. She's flown the American flag on her front porch for as long as I can remember. The same flag Mr. Obama, once refused to wear on a pin, on his lapel.

Where's the hope and good times Mr. Obama promised my Mother? She never received the $250 social security payment he promised her, after it was announced that Americans on social security, would receive no cost-of-living adjustment this year. That would have been a big help to her, considering her utility bill generally runs over $230 every month. It ran over $400 one summer. She only receives $665 a month from social security.

About a year after Dad died, on July 10, 2008, Veteran Administration checks, to my Mom, in the amount of $350, began. The Obama administration believes that my Mother should not receive both the Widow's Benefit and Medicaid. The majority of American's who opposed the democrats' health care plan have feared, for a while, that this kind of thing would begin to happen.

While serving in the Navy, during World War II, the ship on which my Dad served ran out of everything to eat, except for ham. He and his mates ate ham morning, noon, and night---for, I believe it was, three months. I never knew, until years later, why my Dad often regurgitated his food, after meals----up to fifteen years after he left the Navy. The government rewarded my Dad $10 a month for that disability.

This is not your Mother and Dad's America. It's not your grandparent's America, or your great-grandparent's America. It is your America! The America voted for by your neighbors in unearned, blind allegiance to a well-spoken stranger, who seems to be totally at a loss as to how to govern America.

What a sad state of affairs when a nation elects the most powerful man on earth into office based on his boyish looks, charm, and oratorical skills, rather than say---an aptitude for governing.

No comments:

Post a Comment